Thursday, April 28, 2011

Week One

Deciding to go on this diet was almost imperative and very spontaneous with me.   I am a mother of a five year old.  I love to run and play with him, but this year it has been different for me.  I noticed my body not able to keep up with my little man.  I felt as if  gravity had a hold of me and that I was grounded to the Earth.  Then it hit me.. Yep I am heavy.  How heavy? I will be honest  190 pounds. I am 5'7 and over 40. 
 I have tried exercising before and consider myself to be active.  Active?  isn't that what  a senior citizen strives to be?  Oh boy. I am in trouble.  I have really never tried a diet because I am afraid I will fail.  When my boyfriend suggested we try the Atkins diet I jumped at the chance.  The first thing I did was research on line.  Low carbs will be hard but I think necessary.  I love the idea of meat, cheese and eggs and veggies.  Goodbye bread, popcorn and chocolate!

I have attempted this diet for the last four days.  I beleive I am doing well following it.  I went to Krogers to get me some minute steaks, chicken strips and veggies. I will be taking this to work.  So far no breads or no grains or no popcorn.  I really have to research about being able to drink diet pop.  I seem to be a Pepsi Max Addict!

 My hopes that I will continue this blog and keep myself motivated.  I am going to try the first phase for two weeks, maybe a week longer.  Lets see how I feel next week!  If you have any thing you would like to share about your experiences with the Atkins diet or dieting in general Please do!

No comments:

Post a Comment